Our diverse, credible, and reliable team of intellectual and developmental disability (I/DD) experts through The Arc of Aurora and our training and education program, THINK+change, are excited to introduce THINK+change Academy. Your online learning platform where you can take online courses on your own time to further your education for all things I/DD. Every online training offers course-specific content packed with video slide-based lectures, downloadable TOOLS to reinforce training content, closed captioning, and MORE! We piloted the platform while training victim service providers throughout Colorado as well as offering our Schooling at Home and Every Voter Counts courses; we’ve had nearly 200 people enroll! Consider the resounding feedback from those that took courses so far:
- “I would definitely recommend a THINK+change training to other professionals.”– Katie B., Division of Criminal Justice
- “I truly enjoyed listening to what they had to teach. Their training was very professional, intuitive, interactive and engaging.” – Veronica F., Weld County District Attorney’s Office
- “This was the best online training I have attended. I highly recommend!” – Kelsey F., 1st Judicial District Attorney’s Office
- “For anyone brand new to IEPs this is “gold”! You will feel so much more prepared for meetings, talking points, questions to ask, and information to gain.” – Stephanie J., parent of a child with I/DD
- “I enjoyed the online platform a lot. It was easy to navigate and the videos were such an enhancement!” – Cymone W., Safehouse Denver Inc.
Our newest training is open to the public to take at no cost and is all about Transforming the Special Education School-to-Prison Pipeline. Click here to enroll in the free training or scroll down to the THINK+change section of this newsletter to learn more. Have any questions about THINK+change Academy? Give Erica a shout. We can’t wait to help you achieve your goals!
Become a Member of The Arc of Aurora
Any and all the time
What does it mean to be a Member of The Arc of Aurora? It means you’re a part of us. It means you’re part of something bigger impacting people with disabilities. It means you’re a friend. It means you’re a supporter. It means you appreciate the work we do. It means you’re an ally. When you’re a Member of The Arc of Aurora, you’re all of the above and SO much more to us. The Arc of Aurora is pleased to offer Contributing and Basic Members these benefits for the 2021/2022 year. When you become a Member, you create a partnership with the organization, and also add your voice to those locally, statewide, and nationally who support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Take care of your annual agreement now by calling The Arc of Aurora at 720-213-1420.
Sunday Bowling Get Together
On hold until further notice
Did you know that The Arc of Aurora hosts a Sunday bowling league? Everyone of every ability is welcome to join anytime. Click here to learn more about location, time, and cost. Questions? Contact Dottie at 303-880-5506.