Our diverse, credible, and reliable team of intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) experts through The Arc of Aurora and our training and education program, THINK+change, are excited to introduce THINK+change Academy. Your online learning platform where you can take online courses on your own time to further your education for all things IDD. Every online training offers course-specific content packed with video slide-based lectures, downloadable TOOLS to reinforce training content, closed captioning, and MORE! Consider the resounding feedback from those that took courses so far:
- “I would definitely recommend a THINK+change training to other professionals.”– Katie B., Division of Criminal Justice
- “I truly enjoyed listening to what they had to teach. Their training was very professional, intuitive, interactive and engaging.” – Veronica F., Weld County District Attorney’s Office
- “This was the best online training I have attended. I highly recommend!” – Kelsey F., 1st Judicial District Attorney’s Office
- “For anyone brand new to IEPs this is “gold”! You will feel so much more prepared for meetings, talking points, questions to ask, and information to gain.” – Stephanie J., parent of a child with I/DD
- “I enjoyed the online platform a lot. It was easy to navigate and the videos were such an enhancement!” – Cymone W., Safehouse Denver Inc.
Have any questions about THINK+change Academy? Give Erica a shout. We can’t wait to help you achieve your goals!
Become a Member of The Arc of Aurora
Any and all the time
What does it mean to be a Member of The Arc of Aurora? It means you’re a part of us. It means you’re part of something bigger impacting people with disabilities. It means you’re a friend. It means you’re a supporter. It means you appreciate the work we do. It means you’re an ally. When you’re a Member of The Arc of Aurora, you’re all of the above and SO much more to us. The Arc of Aurora is pleased to offer Contributing and Basic Members these benefits. When you become a Member, you create a partnership with the organization, and also add your voice to those locally, statewide, and nationally who support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Take care of your annual agreement now by calling The Arc of Aurora at 720-213-1420.
Sunday Bowling Get Together
Our Sunday Get Together Bowling League is back! If you are over 16 years old and vaccinated against COVID-19, then you can join The Arc of Aurora’s Sunday Get Together Bowling League! Everyone of every ability is welcome to join. Caregivers/families can also attend to provide supervision to those that bowl if they cannot be left alone. This is a great place to make new friends, meet other families in Aurora, and to get active!
- Location: AMF Aurora Lanes, 16700 E. Mississippi Avenue, Aurora, CO 80017
- When: Every Sunday until May 2022
- Time: Bowling starts at 12:45 pm for practice. The games start at 1:00 pm.
- Cost: $10 each week for three games and shoes.
- Safety: Supervision is not provided AND you need to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination before attending.
- Questions or want to sign up? Contact our volunteer, Dottie, for more information and to get set up as a participant: email@example.com.